This Sunday July 9 the Oakville Children’s Festival will be happening from 10:00am – 4:00pm. This will be the festivals fourth year running and it will be held at the Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre where it will be transformed in to an arts and cultural playground for kids of all ages. Many exciting activities and performances will be going on throughout the day.
- The classic children tv duo Toopy and Binoo will be headlining the festival. Kids will be able to dance and sign-a-long to the theatrical production
- Comedian and juggler Bob Cates
- Acrobats and magicians will also roam the festival grounds.
For full list of scheduled performances check out the Oakville’s Event website.
- Make sure to bring your swimsuits because free swims will be held at the QEPCCC. Wristbands are required, so make sure to get there early to enjoy the swimming.
- The Canada 150 festivities are not over,Oakville’s Balletomane Inc has created a dance which they will perform and you can join in on the action by learning the moves.
- Scavenger hunts, face painting, storytime, art activities, sport zones and much more will also be going at t the festival.
Don’t want to stress on how to get there? there are various methods to get to the festival and enjoy the activities
- There will be a Free Oakville Transit Shuttle from the Bronte GO Station.
- Free bike parking will also be made available. So enjoy the weather and bike ride to the event.
This event will be going on rain or shine, so make sure you enjoy this weekend at the Oakville’s Children Festival.